Powered By Blogger

Friday, April 22, 2011

Earth Day!

Amicalola State Park, GA
I am so excited that the sun is shining on this Earth Day. Aside from getting outside to enjoy the day and getting some yard work done, I am also reflecting on my like and the impact I have on the earth. I believe that I am doing an excellent job at recycling, composting and trying to reduce waste and buy responsibly. I know I am not perfect and today am making a pledge.

Cloudland Canyon State Park, GA
Although I own and use my reusable water bottles and coffee mugs - I don't always to remember to bring them with my. Today I pledge to only use my reusable water bottles and travel coffee mug. If I forget my coffee mug, then I will not get coffee. I pledge to keep an extra reusable water bottle in the car in case I forget. At this point in my life there is no reason to be using paper or styrofoam coffee cups or buying plastic waster bottles.

Wind Turbines, ME
As for transportation - I pledge to only drive my car when I really need to (and pledge to carpool as much as possible). Even though I own a clean diesel vehicle, it still pollutes the air. As the weather gets warmer I pledge to ride my bike to work at least 3 days a week. This will help me reduce emissions, save money and be a healthier person.

Maine
I pledge to go to my local co-op and become a member. With proper budgeting I know that my husband and I can buy more local organic foods and buy in bulk. I am looking forward to starting an organic garden with some friends in a few weeks. I would much rather get down and dirty in a garden then spend time washing the pesticides and chemicals off my fruits and vegetables. I also plan to buy more local meats and support local farmers.

I know that I can be a better more responsible person, both for myself and for mother earth. This is the only planet we have and I want all the natural beauty to be around for my children.

My husband and I on top of Camel's Hump, VT

Happy Earth Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment